Not my favorite model by any means but I’m pleased with it on two counts. Firstly, I found the wherewithal to finish it. It had been neglected for a while, unjustly to some extent but my commitment to it waned and other more interesting things took its place. Secondly, and not for the first time, an Azazel monthly challenge spurred me on. It’s not a great piece or a great entry for the January challenge but it’s likely to be the nearest to anything involving scenery that I’m likely to produce this month.
The aim for the base was to try to achieve a little bit of a sand dune type image, nothing to accurate but sufficient to achieve the appearance of an attack on a small island just off of the north-east of the English mainland. Styrofoam (to provide the elevation), garden slate chippings, sand and some static grass tufts and there you have it. Simple and OK but nothing to write home about and now I can focus on the multitude of things which are craving my attention.
Not very often that I paint resin figures but these came out OK. I did find them a little fragile compared to using white metal figures and a little heavy-handedness on my part left me with one or two minor repairs to be made. Something to put down to experience I guess as I would be happy to purchase from this company again albeit that their range is not huge.
Images of the completed diorama below.