This figure is one I have had my eye on for a while but each time I went to order it along with some other Hasslefree figures it was out of stock. Fortunately I finally managed to get my hands on him. The figure actually goes by the name of “Joe” but I have chosen to call him “Mo Joe” on account of his Mohican haircut.
I decided to make Joe a Zombie Hunter and in order to convey the message decided to add a body to the base work. I didn’t have room for a whole figure on the 25mm base so simply chopped him in half (a conversion!) and made some guts using cotton wool dipped in PVA which was then teased out a bit with tweezers. A bit of blood around the head and on the bat and away you go. Unfortunately the contrast in ground colours doesn’t seem to have come across quite so well in the photo’s as it does in the flesh so to speak.
As a patriotic Brit I elected to give Joe a Union Jack vest and was pleased with how the freehand came out. Chuffed with that I set about trying to paint the upper part of a skull on the back of his jacket. As a first attempt at a skull I was fairly pleased with that too but if I decide to do another at some point I’d like to think I might be able to do a little better. To begin with I had no idea how to start painting it but after a little research managed to piece something together. Certainly a lesson learnt for next time. Finally I couldn’t resist the idea of a few colours for his barnet (that’s rhyming slang for hair for those of you outside the UK).
As I finish writing this I am looking at the photo’s on my very old laptop and the images don’t look that great. Hopefully it is nothing more than the computer itself as the photo’s on my Samsung tablet looks absolutely fine, well to my blurry eyes at least.
Pictures of “Mo Joe” below.