Welcome to this week’s Musings!
Inspired by a recent comment by Azazel I bring you …
TIM’s 12 Laws of Modelling
- The “To Do List” only gets longer;
- The increase in the neglected pile is directly proportional to the number of recent items bought;
- Modelling is only stress free when you don’t give a shit what the end result looks like;
- How right it looks matters far more than how accurate it is;
- Only when a figure becomes obsolete do you realize how much you should have bought it when you had the chance;
- Only when you have implemented a solution to a problem do you find a better way to have resolved it;
- No matter how much you clear your working space there is always something in the way;
- Only when you sit down to start modelling will you remember (or be reminded) that there was something else you had to do first;
- Disruptions only happen at critical construction/painting moments;
- Essential items required to complete a model only run out when the shops are closed;
- The item you have set your heart on will always be out of stock;
- The model show you most want to go to will always clash with another event you cannot get out of.
Please feel free to add to the list or highlight a favorite!
This week TIM has been listening to …
Robert Palmer. Two classic tracks, firstly “Addicted to Love” (Tina Turner does a great cover of this too by the way) followed by “Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)”.
Oh, and for anyone who thinks the two videos are a tad sexist for today’s sensitive community check out Shania Twain’s “Man! I Feel Like A Women” video produced many years after Robert Palmer’s. I wonder where she got the idea from? That’s equality for you!
This week TIM has been watching …
Had my brother not put me onto this series it would have passed me by and as it turns out that would have been a shame. For those of you who may not have heard of the show it features Mackenzie Crook (The Office, Pirates of the Caribbean), is set in rural England and is about a Metal Detecting club and its members. Sounds bazaar but it works. Well my brother and I think it does.
So far there have been three series of six episodes along with a Christmas special or two. A bit like Marmite (Vegemite) I guess you will love it or hate it but I’ll throw it out there for you to make up your own mind or comment on if you have seen it.
One thing that it does highlight for me is that there is comedy gold to be had in all walks of life regardless of how random the subject is. When the time comes to put down my painting brushes I think I’m going to have a go at writing about the adventures of the modelling and blogging community. An untapped source if ever there was one.
From here on in you better watch what you say!
Did you know …
Viagra is widely used in hospitals to stop little old men from rolling out of bed?
Until next time.