For reasons I cannot begin to explain, last week when I posted details of my little German chap it seems some of you, maybe all of you, saw a waspish character as the first image. Not surprisingly this created some confusion with a few of you bringing the matter to my attention. Like I say, I have no idea how or what happened; when I went into edit mode all I could see was my fully intended post. All very odd.
As far as I can tell the image seen was one of the three photos below.
The figure is a “Wasp Jump Trooper” and one of three I bought for a little diorama I have planned. Then Azazel added to the March Squad challenge with “Gender Ambiguous” so I thought I would complete the figure with the exception of the basing.
There wasn’t a great deal more to be done. I wanted to apply gloss varnish and do something more with the wings. Gloss varnish was a bit of a gamble so I would be interested in your thoughts on whether it looked better matt or as it is now. The wings needed some interest so I went for a free hand pattern which I could repeat on both wings top and bottom.
The “final” figure is below.