Welcome to this weeks Miniatures & Musings!
TIM’s Mid Week Miniature
Another limited edition figure from Giants in Miniature, this one is number 358 of 500 and goes by the name of “Oda Nobunaga”. For some reason, and I have no idea what, this figure was a complete pain in the arse.
The sculpt was fine so I cannot lay the blame there but nothing seemed to go well at all. Error after error for no explainable reason nearly saw me throw the thing away but I stuck with it although quite why I am not entirely sure. Looks OK but the end result does not reflect the hate I have for this one. A very long time since I felt this way about a figure or any model I have done so cannot complain too much but a joy it wasn’t!
Lesson of the Week
The above comments lead me nicely into Lesson of the Week (this stuff isn’t just thrown together you know!) –
Good painting comes from experience.
And experience comes from bad painting.
Never give up!
Did You know that …
- It takes 7 seconds for food to pass from mouth to stomach?
- A human hair can hold 3kg?
- The length of a penis is three times the length of the thumb
- The femur is as hard as concrete?
- A woman’s heart beats faster than a man’s?
- Women blink 2 times as much as men?
- We use 300 muscles just to keep our balance when we stand?
- By now a woman would have read all the text of this article?
- A man would still be looking at his thumb?!
This week TIM has been listening to …
Meat Loaf and Paradise By The Dashboard Light.
A classic track which lyrically is bang on the money for a good many of us chaps I suspect.
This week TIM has been watching …
King Kong starring Jack Black.
There have been several versions of this film and to some extent each one gets better thanks to special effects. This is my favorite, albeit that the first half is a little to long and drawn out, but the Empire State building scenes are excellent.
Until next time.