Unless I have any others tucked away unbeknown to me then “Fulumbar” is my last dwarf. It will be some considerable time I think before I do another. I therefore thought I would go about trying to give him a nice little setting. I had in mind a rural setting with a little bit of water and a stone wall. Nothing to fancy but just enough to set the scene on a 40mm square base.
The first step was to get a little bit of height into the base which I did using a few stone chippings and a small lump of DAS air drying clay. Once the clay had harden a little I started to cut into it to create the space for where the water would eventually go.
The next step was to build a little section of wall taking care not to take a small chunk out of my thumb! I used some plaster board to make stone bricks and then simply stuck them together with some PVA and set aside to dry. I then set about filling a few gaps, adding a little texture and planting a small twig.
Once dry it was time to get some initial colour onto things.
Base colouring mostly done it was time to turn my attention to toning things down some what and trying to get a more realistic finish. Muted colours were dry brushed on along with a little green here and there.
Time now to work on the figure itself.
The little chap is close to being finished and there is some more work to be done on the base. Neither should take very long so feeling pretty certain it will be done by next week. All being well I should also have time to spend getting another figure or two done for my Medieval Army.