As many of you will be aware I have over the last several months pretty much painted and based nothing but Footsore Baron’s War knights. An army building project I set out to achieve which has seen great progress but remains unfinished. I’m far from bored with the project but have reached the stage where I am in need of a palette cleanser here and there. I also need to get started on other projects too but more on that in a future post.
There are a great many figures sitting in my lead pile waiting to receive my attention and I have decided that now is the time to do something about it. The aim is not to neglect the army project but to try to add some variety to my modelling scheduled. Looking at the figures lovingly looking up at me I decided I would start on a Hasslefree figure which goes by the name of “Jones”.
It seems so long since I painted something other than a Baron’s War figure that for a brief period I was left wondering quite where to start! I had to remind myself how to do camouflage trousers by looking back at figures I had painted some time ago. Once I got started things started to slot into place and the old grey matter began to start working and then I was away.
Not a great deal to say about the figure itself. As always the castings from Hasslefree are bang on the money and the figure was a joy to paint, all the more so because it represented something different again. I deliberately kept the base simple as I felt that was all the figure really needed. As and when I get back into painting dioramas and vignettes this is a figure I may well look at doing again.
Unfortunately the photographs aren’t quite as sharp as I would like them to be but then again I am looking at them on an old laptop. They look a bit better on my tablet at least.
Images of “Jones” below.