This week saw more progress than I was expecting. That’s not to say what I did was exciting but progress is progress right? The long Bank Holiday helped, not because I didn’t have to work (I’m retired after all) but because two of the days it rained and that got me out of doing anything in the garden.
So what did I get up to? Well firstly I managed to get another figure done. Nothing much to say about her but I think she will fit right in with the diorama and the village and peasant vibe I’m trying to create. Some images below. Not great photos but hopefully you get the idea.
With time to spare I decided to take a break from figure painting and make a start on the third and final building, the Barn.
There are several parts to the Barn but essentially it breaks down to three main sections – the lower base level, the upper level and a lean to which fits at the back of the lower base level. I decided to paint the lean to mainly because it’s the smaller section and I had a chance of getting it finished. The end result can be seen in the images below. I will resist listing painting details as these have all been covered before in the two previous builds. That said, if there was a challenge here at all it was remembering just how I did paint the other two buildings! I think I got there in the end and that should make life easier for the main Barn lower base section.
That’s all for this week. Plans for next week are variable. It’s all well and good that it rained for two days this weekend which allowed me to get more modelling done but if the weather turns out better this week then I’ll be back out in the garden and painting will take a back seat. Maybe you’ll see another figure, a mounted knight or more of the Barn. I bet you can’t wait but please try to contain your excitement. None of us are getting younger and the heart can only take so much excitement and anticipation!