The first picture below shows where I got to with the base as of last week. The Tower base had been fixed to the diorama base and additional rocks and sand had been added to extend the rocky outcrop. DAS clay had also been applied with the outline of the waves having been formed. Left to completely dry the next step was to set about painting all the rocks and sand to blend with those on the tower. In theory this was straight forward but in practice it took a little longer than anticipated. Even though all the new rocks had been primed with diluted matt white enamel, my usual priming method, the different materials and levels of absorbency meant additional coats were required here and there.
Photos two, three and four show the end result albeit that more dry brushing and weathering will be done at some point.
With all that grey and brown going on I was in desperate need of adding some colour to my palette and decided to return to painting the wizard figure that I had started last week. In truth I have no idea where on earth he is going to be positioned but I’ll worry about that much later. I’m sure I’ll figure something out. My level of detailed planning simply doesn’t go that far!
As to the little chap himself some photos below. Where I could I tried to pimp him up a bit with some hoops on his hat and flames on his back.
The little chap will now be set aside, it will be a while before he is needed again.
My aim for the coming week is to start painting the sea.