As well as working on the other two Spearmen from pack 1, which should feature in this coming Wednesday’s Miniatures & Musings post, l decided I’d also make a start on the next set of Spearmen too.
For this little chap I thought I would return to authentic heraldry and chose to paint his shield in a design which according to a chart I have is called “Gyronney”. At first glance I thought it would prove to be hard to paint but in the end it turned out to be easier than I thought. I’m starting to think that, given the practice I have had, that maybe, just maybe my ability to paint straight lines is starting to pay off.
As shield designs go this is one I may well do again, albeit in a different colour scheme. It might just be me but it does seem quite eye catching. First though I must work on another mounted knight. To date I’ve done only three which as a ratio to the number of them I have compared to foot figures puts me way behind. On the positive side mounted knights look pretty impressive but on the downside they do take me a very long time to paint. They also take me a while to decide on a scheme too and at times I find that the hardest part. I’m sure I’ll come up with something but firstly I must finish the two Spearman for Wednesday.
Images of my “Gyronney” Spearman below.