I decided I would work on the base level of the Barn. The main reason for this was wanting at some point to place it on the main base to visualise more accurately how things were coming along (or not as the case might be). I should also add that I wasn’t really in the mood for doing more intricate painting.
Before I knew it I was fully absorbed in the task ahead, so much so that a) I forgot to take any work in progress pictures (they would have been dull anyway) and b) I suddenly realised that I hadn’t put together a blog post for publishing. So, here I am at 21:30 hours on a Sunday night writing this post for publication tomorrow morning.
Now normally I am well organised but these days, and it’s been that way for a while, my mind is all over the place. Why? Age has almost certainly got something to do with it but I think I have identified a bigger problem. Put simply I have, for now at least, lost interest in just about everything I once considered important to me. I can think of lots of reasons why this might be but I’m digressing and I have a post to complete.
My laziness and lack of planning meant that once again my photos were taken quickly using my phone so apologise once again for the poor quality, I promise to do better in the future.
There isn’t much I can say about the Barn. The painting style and paints used have been documented in past posts so I see little point repeating them again here (so lazy!). The only thing that I did which wasn’t a smart move was using sawdust as the material for making the muck texture on the floor of the Barn. Nothing wrong with the look of it but the sawdust mixed with watered down PVA simply took an absolute age to dry. It tested my patience as far too many things seem to do these days but it was a good lesson learnt and one I’ve put down to experience.
Images of the latest state of play on the Barn below.
As far as the Barn goes the roof is the next section to be painted. After that I have the doors and a few other bits and bobs to do but they can come later and after the ground work has been done once the base of the Barn has been stuck down. That won’t be yet a while as the mounted figures have to be completed first and fixed into position.
Next week I might do more work on the Barn but I really ought to get another mounted figure done.